You have entered the last week of the first trimester.
Slight weight loss during the first trimester due to nausea, is common but eventually in the weeks to follow, weight gain must happen. It is essential for you and your baby.
The doctor would diagnose the following parameters:
- Body weight and blood pressure
- Complete blood count
- Urine , sugar and protein level
- Swelling of hands and legs
- External examination of uterus
- 3D- Ultrascan for internal examination of uterus, fetal heartbeat, its growth and development.
- Baby bump gets noticed
- Reduced appetite
- Frequent urination
- Moments of unpredictable fears
- Frequent thoughts of expressing love and care with your partner
The face is beginning to look like a baby’s face. Fingernails and toenails appear. The baby can suck his thumb and get hiccups. The fetus starts moving spontaneously. The pancreas are functioning anf producing insulin. Baby is producing urine in the amniotic fluid. The external genitals are well developed and the heartbeat can be heard with the help of Doppler.